Now Playing
My Magic 94.9
Last Song Played
Tampa Bay's Best Music
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
My Magic 94.9
Last Song Played
Tampa Bay's Best Music

celebrity news

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >

David Spade Donates $100,000 to National Alliance on Mental Illness after Kate Spade's death

Comedian David Spade has donated $100,000 to NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, following the death of his sister-in-law, designer Kate Spade.

Kate Spade died by suicide June 5 in New York at age 55.

People confirmed the news of the donation.

>> Read more trending news 

“More people suffer from mental health issues than we may realize but no one should ever feel ashamed to reach out for support,” People quoted Spade as saying. 

“If you or anyone you know is in need of help or guidance please contact the national suicide prevention hotline at 800-273-8255 or go to NAMI.org to learn more and help those who may be in need.”

According to the NAMI website, the organization works to educate, advocate for, listen to and support individuals and families to raise awareness about mental health. It is the largest grassroots mental health organization in the country.

On the day of Kate Spade’s death, Andy Spade, 56, her husband and the older brother of David Spade, said she was in treatment for depression and anxiety. He also said he moved out of their home 10 months ago. Their 13-year-old daughter, Frances Beatrix, split her time with each parent.

“Kate suffered from depression and anxiety for many years. She was actively seeking help and working closely with her doctors to treat her disease, one that takes far too many lives. We were in touch with her the night before and she sounded happy,” Andy Spade said in a statement

“There was no indication and no warning that she would do this. It was a complete shock. And it clearly wasn’t her. There were personal demons she was battling.”

North West turns 5: Kris Jenner shares cute photos of Kim Kardashian's daughter

Kim Kardashian-West’s daughter North turns 5 years old today.

The “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” reality star, 37, posted a photo of North’s birthday party on her Instagram.

North sported a unicorn crown and princess dress along with her cousin.

Kris Jenner, North’s proud grandma, shared photos of the little girl and wished her a happy birthday today on Twitter:

North’s birthday celebrations kicked off early in New York City on Thursday, where Kim and North were spotted at the CoolMess ice cream shop.

“We are making our own ice cream today, we’re making chocolate and vanilla,” Kardashian-West said in her Instagram story, People Magazine reports

Friends of the family are also posting photos and videos wishing North a happy fifth birthday.

Singer Robbie Williams makes obscene gesture at World Cup opening ceremony

English singer Robbie Williams made an obscene gesture toward the camera during the opening ceremony of the World Cup in Moscow, ESPN reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Williams was singing at Luzhniki Stadium when he gestured with his middle finger. The 44-year-old pop star had been criticized before the event for agreeing to participate in the ceremony.

“Robbie Williams emerged, busked his way through a medley of his two-decade old hits and was gone again in a pleasing hurry,” the Independent reported.

Williams said he was told not to use his song “Party Like a Russian,” which was seen as mocking Russia. Before his gesture, Williams added the line “I did this for free,” to the lyrics of one of his songs, ESPN reported.

Fox issued a statement apologizing for showing the gesture on television.

"The 2018 FIFA World Cup opening ceremony was a newsworthy event produced by a third party and carried live on Fox," the statement said. "As it was broadcast live, we did not know what would happen during Robbie Williams' performance and we apologize."

The Russian soccer team played immediately after the ceremony and won its first match, shutting out Saudi Arabia 5-0.

Former NFL tight end Kellen Winslow II faces rape charges

Former NFL player Kellen Winslow II was arrested Thursday on suspicion of rape, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

>> Read more trending news 

The charges against, Winslow, 34, include two counts of forcible rape, one count of forcible sodomy and one count of forcible oral copulation, according to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department. Other charges include kidnapping with the intent to commit rape, residential burglary and indecent exposure, the sheriff’s department said.

Winslow will be arraigned Friday. 

He was arrested last week on suspicion of burglary, then posted a $50,000 bond, the Union-Tribune reported. Sheriff’s deputies arrested Winslow on his latest charges Thursday morning and searched his home, the newspaper said.

Winslow, the son of San Diego Chargers Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow, grew up in San Diego and attended high school there. He played college football at the University of Miami and was the sixth overall pick in the 2004 draft. 

He played in the NFL until 2013, playing tight end for Cleveland, Tampa Bay, New England and the New York Jets.

Bill Cosby sacks defense team

Comedian Bill Cosby replaced his entire defense team in advance of his September sentencing hearing, CNN reported Friday.

>> Read more trending news

Cosby, 80, replaced attorney Tom Mesereau and his team with attorney Joseph P. Green, according to Andrew Wyatt, the comedian’s spokesman.

Wyatt did not give a reason for the change, CNN reported.

Cosby was convicted on three counts of aggravated indecent assault for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand on April 26.

>> Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences expels Cosby

A sentencing hearing for Cosby has been scheduled for Sept. 24, CNN reported. He faces up to 10 years in prison for each count.

Michael Jackson's daughter cleans defaced star of father’s namesake on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Michael Jackson’s daughter took matters into her own hands when she heard someone had defaced the star of a radio host at the Hollywood Walk of Fame, who shares her late father’s name, People reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Photos of Paris Jackson erasing the red graffiti from the star of her father’s namesake  were posted on Twitter, Billboard reported.

Vas J. Morgan of Tings Magazine tweeted that Jackson’s actions “Brought me genuine tears of pride of your bravery and strength.”

Jackson, 20, said she was staying at a friend’s apartment near the Hollywood Walk of Fame when she heard about the star being defaced.

She posted a picture on Instagram of her using rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to clean the star.

“Some people have no (expletive) respect,” Jackson wrote. 

Michael Jackson was awarded a star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1984, the same year as the pop music star. The talk show host was a fixture on the Los Angeles radio circuit.

Chrissy Teigen, John Legend donate to ACLU for Trump’s birthday

Chrissy Teigen and husband John Legend are celebrating President Donald Trump’s 72nd birthday by supporting the American Civil Liberties Union.

>> Read more trending news 

Teigen shared a message on her Twitter page on Thursday, stating that every member of her family donated $72,000 to the ACLU.

>>Read: Donald Trump turns 72: Messages of well-wishes and a look at past birthdays

In the note signed “With love, Chrissy, John, Luna and Miles,” Teigen wrote:

“John and I are outraged to see and hear the horror stories of immigrant families seeking asylum and refuge in America being ripped apart due to the inhumane policies of the Trump administration. These actions are cruel, anti-family and go against everything we believe this country should represent. The ACLU is committed to defending the rights and humanity of these vulnerable families.”

Teigen noted that the ACLU also supports reproductive rights, criminal justice reform and First Amendment rights.

Meghan Markle, Queen Elizabeth make first joint appearance without Prince Harry

The Duchess of Sussex, formerly known as Meghan Markle, and Britain's Queen Elizabeth II teamed up Thursday for their first joint engagement without Markle's husband, Prince Harry.

>> PHOTOS: Meghan Markle stuns at first solo appearance with Queen Elizabeth

According to The Associated Press, the two visited northwest England to see children perform in Widnes and commemorate the opening of the Mersey Gateway Bridge in Cheshire.

>> PHOTOS: Newlyweds Prince Harry, Meghan Markle attend Prince Charles' 70th birthday celebration

Markle, who wed Prince Harry on May 19, stunned in a Givenchy dress Thursday, the AP reported.

>> Read more trending news 

The royals' official Twitter accounts shared photos from the trip. Check them out below:

Read more here.

Photos: Meghan Markle stuns at first solo appearance with Queen Elizabeth

The Duchess of Sussex, formerly known as Meghan Markle, made her first joint appearance with Queen Elizabeth II on an official royal visit to northwest England.

Sylvester Stallone sexual assault case under review by prosecutors

Prosecutors in Los Angeles County, California, are looking into a sexual assault allegation against actor Sylvester Stallone, multiple news outlets are reporting.

>> Harvey Weinstein faces new rape accusation in class-action lawsuit

According to the Los Angeles Times, the county District Attorney's Office is trying to determine whether to charge the "Rocky" star after the allegation was reported to Santa Monica police late last year. The accuser said the incident happened in the '90s, police said.

Reuters reported that the state "has a complex statute of limitations for criminal prosecutions of sexual abuse, but offenses must generally be prosecuted within 10 years."

Martin Singer, Stallone's attorney, said the actor "categorically denies the allegations," according to CNN.

>> Read more trending news 

"It is a false claim," Singer told the Times. "It is a complete fabrication."

He added that the accuser previously had a consensual relationship with Stallone, who is now 71, CNN reported.

Read more here.

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >