Now Playing
My Magic 94.9
Last Song Played
Tampa Bay's Best Music
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
My Magic 94.9
Last Song Played
Tampa Bay's Best Music

Posted: July 11, 2018

Woman says her charging iPhone burned her, leaving blister on arm

5 Reasons Your Cell Phone Could Be Dangerous

Related

Woman says her charging iPhone burned her, leaving blister on arm
FILE PHOTO

By Natalie Dreier, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

A Virginia woman couldn’t believe the pain she went through after being burned by something we call carry every day - a cellphone. 

But that’s exactly what Raele Manning-Moore said happened.

The 18-year-old from Norfolk told WAVY that she was charging her iPhone 7 in bed when she fell asleep. The phone somehow got under her arm, and the burning sensation is what woke her up.

“I’ve never been in that much pain ever,” she told WAVY

>> Read more trending news 

She now has a half-dollar-sized scar on her arm where it is still healing a month later. 

Manning-Moore took the phone to the local Apple store. The staff there kept it to examine the device. That was two weeks ago and she still does not have the phone back, WAVY reported

When contacted by WAVY, Apple said the company was looking into what happened, and asked if she was using a factory charger, made by Apple. She said she was.

Apple advises that owners use a genuine Apple cable or an Apple-certified cable, as well as genuine Apple power adapters. 


There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

 
 

 

MAGIC INSTAGRAM

MAGIC TWITTER


10 NEWS 7 DAY FORECAST


7 Day Forecast