Now Playing
My Magic 94.9
Last Song Played
Tampa Bay's Best Music


Results 1 - 20 of 99 next >

Hurricane Florence: Coast Guard rescues beagles by boatful in floodwater

Members of the United States Coast Guard rescued 10 furry friends from floodwaters that came during Hurricane Florence.

USA Today reported that beagles were in cages as a trailer was underwater in Riegelwood, North Carolina.

>> Read more trending news 

The dogs’ owners, Josephine Horne and her husband, Jackie Horne, were rescued first, brought on board a 16-foot Coast Guard punt boat. Another boat came by and Coast Guard member Mitchell Moretti rushed to rescue a beagle.

Related: Hurricane Florence: Trucker driving school bus rescues 64 dogs, cats from South Carolina

“If we would have gotten here just a few minutes later, I don’t know if these guys would have made it,” Moretti said.

Soon the boat was filled with the dogs.

“We got a boat full of beagles!” crew member Tyler Elliott said. “This is the best day of my life!”

Horne told USA Today she and her husband initially evacuated to a relative's home, but went back to their trailer once it looked like the storm died down.

“It looked like everything was fine. It was fine,” she said. “It’s like this came out of nowhere all at once.”

A neighbor’s four pit bulls were also rescued.  

Hurricane Florence: Trucker driving school bus rescues 64 dogs, cats from South Carolina

A Tennessee truck driver is being hailed as a hero after he rescued 64 shelter dogs and cats ahead of Hurricane Florence.

>> On Florence’s aftermath: The latest news from the Carolinas

According to the Greenvale News, Tony Alsup, 51, from Greenback, Tennessee, drove a school bus to South Carolina last week as the deadly storm strengthened in the Atlantic. Once there, he stopped in Orangeburg, Georgetown, Dillon and North Myrtle Beach, picking up 53 dogs and 11 cats from area animal shelters.

>> Read more trending news 

“It’s so easy for people to adopt the small pets and the cuties and the cuddly,” Alsup, of Tony's Emergency Animal Rescue and Shelter, told the Greenvale News. “We take on the ones that deserve a chance even though they are big and a little ugly. But I love big dogs, and we find places for them.”

Related: Hurricane Florence: Coast Guard rescues beagles by boatful in floodwater

He drove them to a shelter in Foley, Alabama, which will distribute the animals to other shelters across the nation, the newspaper reported

Saint Frances Animal Center in Georgetown praised Alsup in a Facebook post Tuesday.

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

"It's all true," the post said of Alsup, who also has saved animals from hurricane-hit Puerto Rico, Texas and Florida. "Tony swooped in at 4 a.m. Wednesday morning to pick up our 'leftovers' – the dogs with blocky heads, the ones with heartworm. The ones no one else will ever take. And he got them to safety. Not the most conventional evacuation, but surely the one with the most heart."

>> See the post here

Read more here.

Teen finds purse stuffed with $10k, gives it to police

A California teen is being lauded for doing the right thing. 

Rhami Zeini, 16, was going home after school last week when he saw a black purse in the middle of a road, KCOY reported.

Instead of ignoring the purse, he grabbed it and looked for any identification that would tell him who owned the bag. He also found it stuffed with cash to the tune of $10,000.

He took the purse to police after speaking with his parents.

>> Read more trending news 

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

“To me, I figured this is the right thing to do if I take it and find whoever’s purse it was because if the roles were reversed and I had lost something with a significant sum of money inside, I know I would want it back for sure,” Zeini told KCOY

Police were able to track down the owner of the purse. 

For Zeini’s troubles and honesty, she gave him a $100 reward, KCOY reported.

Sheriff’s deputies say that the woman was going on a hike and left her purse on the roof of her car and drove away, KCOY reported.

Police officer loses home, finds his family safe, goes back to help others during gas explosions

While a Lawrence police officer was making sure his community was safe on Thursday as gas explosions were happening throughout the area, his own home went up in flames.

>> Read more trending news 

Officer Ivan Soto saw his own home get engulfed in the fire but said once he knew his family was safe, he went right back to work.

"We didn’t know how many more houses were gonna blow up," Soto told Boston 25 News. "I knew my family was OK, so as long as they were OK, I wanted to make sure everyone else’s family was OK."

One of Soto's daughters was home from school when she heard the explosion and saw smoke filling the basement.

"While I'm on the phone with her, she panicked because she felt the explosion," Veronica Soto, Ivan Soto's wife, said.

The daughter escaped the fire, but sadly, the family lost their two cats.

"We lost everything material, which can be replaced," Veronica Soto said. "We did lose our fur babies, which that, that’s the hardest part."

Neighbors created a GoFundMe for the Soto family, raising more than $55,000. 

While Ivan Soto's house was burning to the ground, he was out trying to help other families.

He was one of the first responders who tried to save 18-year-old victim Leonel Rondon, who died after getting stuck under a chimney when a house exploded.

"We jumped on the car, and we were trying to pull the chimney," Ivan Soto said. "We just want to get it off of him, you know. We wanted to save him."

The teen died at the hospital, and while Ivan Soto appreciates the donations and support coming in for his family after losing their home, he hopes the community shares the love and helps the teen's family after the tragic death.

"I just wanna make sure that Leo's family is taken care of, too, and people can donate," he said.

Soto said he's going to share a GoFundMe for the Rondon family after the death.

Tropical Storm Florence: Couple reschedules wedding due to storm, donates flowers to cancer patients

A North Carolina couple whose wedding was rescheduled due to Hurricane Florence have made sure their flowers won’t go to waste.

>> Read more trending news 

The couple, along with their florist, donated the floral arrangements to patients at Atrium Health Levine Cancer Institute in Concord, WSOC reported.

As each patient finished their chemotherapy or infusion treatment, they were given their pick of the arrangements.

“Anytime anyone does anything nice for someone who’s going through cancer, it’s wonderful,” said patient Patricia Riser. “And flowers, of course, are just great. And everybody, everybody loves flowers, and I love flowers, too.”

Riser sent her thanks to the couple.

“I think it’s wonderful that you thought enough of someone else, especially during this time that you’re going through because you had to cancel your wedding, that you were thoughtful enough to think of someone else. It’s just amazing that people can do that when they’re going through things too, and we learned that not only are we going through something but other people go through things, too,” Riser said.

Atrium Health’s Laura Blackwell called it a bright spot for patients, WSOC reported.

“The patients were thrilled when they saw all the beautiful flowers being brought in. We’re happy to know that they were going to (be) able to get those flowers when they left today from their infusion,” she said.

While North Carolina remains under the cloud of now-Tropical Storm Florence, the patients who took home those fresh flowers will have a reminder that there are good things in the world.

“To think they would be so generous that they would want to contribute to the community and be so concerned about the joy of people they didn’t know is pretty special,” Blackwell said. “That doesn’t happen very often and it’s always a blessing to be able to see that.”

Tropical Storm Florence: TV reporter stops Facebook Live to rescue dog 

A reporter for a North Carolina television station interrupted a Facebook Live video to rescue a dog in knee-deep floodwaters, CNN reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Julie Wilson, of WTVD, was recording a video for Facebook Live in New Bern, North Carolina when she saw a woman trying to save her Rottweiler from the water.

>> Tropical Storm Florence live updates

Wilson can be heard asking the woman, who said her name was Tasha, “"Do you think that is safe?" 

"It's my daughter's therapy dog. I have no choice," the woman said. 

Wilson continued to report during her live feed but stopped when she saw Tasha having trouble moving the dog, WTVD reported.

"Can we pick this one up?" Wilson asks in the video, handing the camera to Tasha while picking up the dog.

>> Photos: Tropical Storm Florence soaks Carolinas

"You are OK baby girl," Wilson said to the dog as she carried her to safety, WTVD reported. "Nobody is leaving the dog in this mess. That's what we are doing out here."

Ariana Grande posts thoughts about Mac Miller on Instagram

Ariana Grande is commenting for the first time on her friend and ex-boyfriend Mac Miller since his death on Sept. 7.

In a Friday Instagram post, the singer, who has turned comments off on her page since Miller’s death, expresses disbelief that he’s gone.

>> Read more trending news 

“I adored you from the day I met you when I was nineteen and I always will,” Grande wrote. “I can’t believe you aren’t here anymore. I really can’t wrap my head around it. We talked about this. So many times. I’m so mad, I’m so sad I don’t know what to do. You were my dearest friend. For so long. Above anything else. I’m so sorry I couldn’t fix or take your pain away. I really wanted to. The kindest, sweetest soul with demons he never deserved. I hope you’re okay now. Rest.”

Related: Rapper Mac Miller dead at 26

The caption accompanies a video post of Miller in a black hoodie that contains the phrase “Everything will be OK” in a small white font across the front.

In the video, Miller starts to tell a story but stops and laughs with Grande when he realizes she’s recording him.

Miller was found dead in his California home at age 26. He and Grande dated for nearly two years before breaking up in May. Grande has since gotten engaged to Pete Davidson.

Related: Ariana Grande, rapper Mac Miller amicably split

Grande had previously spoken publicly about her efforts to be there for Miller and support him in his sobriety. Miller frequently rapped about his struggles with drugs.

An official cause of death has not been announced.

Taco Bell employee buys dinner for homeless man 

A Taco Bell employee’s act of kindness has gone viral after he bought dinner Thursday for a homeless man who had stopped at the restaurant.

>> Read more trending news 

A man, apparently homeless, walked out of the restaurant’s bathroom carrying three bags, including one that contained a comforter. 

Brandon Stephenson saw the man and asked him to take a seat before buying him something to eat. 

Brandon then sat and talked with the man and asked about him. Brandon also told him about himself and that when he was younger, he knew what it was like to go without food.

The homeless man ate, thanked Brandon and asked him about a job. Brandon explained how to apply and that if he did not have a computer, there were some at the library.

"My grandma Kelly raised me to do that and I think people should treat people that don't have much better, than they are now. So I try to help people when I can," Brandon told KSNF.

Amanda Vanderford was having dinner at the Taco Bell. 

“This is what we need in this world. More people like him,” Vanderford wrote on Facebook. “More people who are kind, not because they have to but because they want to.”

Kids buy back dad’s favorite car after he sacrificed it to pay medical bills

For some, there is one car that will never compare to all the other vehicles they own. 

For Wesley Ryan and his family it was a 1993 Mustang GT he used to ferry around his growing family.

It was called “Christine” after the 1983 Stephen King movie.

But when his wife, and high school sweetheart, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, the car had to go once medical bills started piling up, the San Antonio Express-News reported.

“I came home one day. I walked into the garage, looked at her and said it was time for her to go,” Ryan told San Antonio Express-News. “I remember seeing her drive off and I was trying to be the big man and not let it bother me.”

Ryan’s children, who were toddlers when their dad sold his beloved car, never forgot how much the car meant to him. 

So years later they did what they could to track down “Christine.” 

The found it and the big reveal was captured on video. Ryan was speechless when he saw his precious “Christine” roll up on a trailer. After tears and a few “choice words” of surprise, Ryan walked over to the car to check it out as the song “My Old Man” played in the background. As Ryan walked around his car to take in the sight and greet his old ride, the appropriate line from the Zac Brown Band song played: “I know one day we’ll meet again.”

>> Read more trending news 

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

Ryan told San Antonio Express-News that the car shows “the power and strength of what family can do.”

Ryan and his son plan on working on “Christine” to bring her back to life.

Hurricane Florence: Store gives away free frozen food, meat ahead of storm

A South Carolina store owner helped his community before the winds and rains from Hurricane Florence hit the area.

Mike Patel is the owner of Sea Merchants Grocery Store. He wanted to make sure his local customers had what they needed before the storm.

Patel posted on his store’s Facebook page that all meat and frozen food was buy one, get one free. He was going to keep the doors open to the store through early afternoon Wednesday, WECT reported.

>> Read more trending news 

“I’m here because of community,” Patel told WECT. “They have helped since I bought (The Sea Merchants). We are not a highway location. I’m not here because of tourists. I’m here because of the community and this is a way to give back.

He also cut prices of water to prepare for the hurricane.

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

Local residents praised Patel for making supplies affordable as they prepared for potential disaster. 

Teen hailed as hero after saving Target co-workers stabbed by robber

Thanks to a Georgia teen's quick thinking and training with Cobb County police, he was able to save his two Target co-workers who were stabbed by an alleged robber Sunday night, authorities said. 

Mario Alexander, 17, acted quickly until officers could arrive to the Cobb Parkway store, Cobb County police Sgt. Wayne Delk said. 

When Alexander saw one of his his co-workers bleeding profusely from a stab wound in his arm, he used his Target shirt and materials in the store to create a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. 

Alexander then applied gauze and direct pressure to another co-worker’s neck wound. 

>> Read more trending news 

“He continued to check on both of his fellow employees until medical personnel and police officers arrived on scene to take over,” Delk said. 

Authorities later arrested Michael Leon Thornton, 27, on charges of two counts aggravated assault and one count of armed robbery. 

Alexander credited his training with the Cobb County Police Explorer Program, which trains high school students on general police work that includes rendering first aid. 

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

“The Cobb County Police Department and our partners at Marietta Police Department thank Corporal Alexander for his quick thinking and would like to recognize him for putting to use the knowledge he has gained from the Cobb County Police Explorer program,” Delk said. “His actions more than exemplify our commitment and dedication to public safety.”

Wendy’s employee recognized for helping blind customers

A Wendy’s employee took extra steps to make sure two customers got what they needed at a Albuquerque, New Mexico, location of the fast-food chain.

The moment that Richard Wise-Attwood helped a blind couple eating at the restaurant was photographed, with the images posted to social media, Fox News reported

“I just took over the situation. I just asked them what they would like to drink, helped them get their drinks, sat them down,” Wise-Attwood told KRQE

He also made sure they had their food so they knew who had what burger, got them the ketchup they needed and checked on them through the meal, KRQE reported.

Another customer, Cindy Griswold, snapped a few photos and posted them to Facebook. 

>> Read more trending news 

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

Wise-Attwood told KRQE that he was just being himself.

“They were cool. They were real nice. Didn’t bother anybody. They didn’t ask for help. I just did it because I knew they needed it,” he told KRQE.

Wise-Attwood didn’t know the photos were being taken.

“I’m hoping that it does show people that even if you do work at an establishment such as Wendy’s or McDonald’s customer service will show somebody a good day and they’ll pass it on to someone else,” Wise-Attwood said.

High school varsity kicker wins homecoming queen, OT game in same night

A high school varsity football kicker not only won the game for the team but also took home the crown as homecoming queen.

Kaylee Foster’s Friday will be one to remember not only for her but also for her school.

Foster’s big night started before the game, when she was named homecoming queen for Ocean Springs High School. Dressed ready for a dance rather than a football game, Foster accepted her crown before kickoff, The Sun Herald reported.

She then swapped the gown for shoulder pads, cleats and a helmet to take her place with the rest of her team for the game. 

>> Read more trending news 

She started her kicker career with the Greyhounds football team in 2017. Prior to Friday night’s game, she successfully hit all 11 extra point tries and made one of her two field goal attempts this season, hitting her longest kick of 42 yards, The Sun Herald reported. She’s also a soccer star at the school.

She put 6 points on the board in last week’s game with two field goals, but it was in overtime when Foster put her kicking prowess to the test, getting the extra point needed to break the overtime tie, Gulf Live reported

After winning the game for her team, she stopped for a photo op that shows both sides of the high school senior. 

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

Foster told Gulf Live she was more nervous waiting to hear who got the crown than kicking the winning extra point. Hands down it was the homecoming announcement that was more nerve-wracking. 

“I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to be homecoming queen, but I was pretty sure I was going to make that kick,” Foster told Gulf Live.

5-year-old Indiana girl gets police escort to chemo treatment 

A 5-year-old cancer patient from Indiana received a special police escort to a hospital for her next-to-last chemotherapy treatment, WLS reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Sammy got a ride to an Indianapolis hospital by officers of the Hammond Police Department. She arrived Monday morning at the police station, wide awake and ready to make the trip in a police car, the television station reported.

Sammy's mother, Diana Barr, said her daughter was excited to make the journey.

"She laughed, she said, 'Mommy, have you ever been in a cop car?' I said, 'Nope, I guess this is a first time for everything,'" Barr told WLS.

Sammy was diagnosed with eye cancer when she was 3 months old. After having one eye replaced, the cancer returned, the television station reported.

Police officers said they hope to take Sammy to lunch and then on a shopping trip, WLS reported.

10-year-old boy with cerebral palsy achieves dream of scoring touchdown

Although diagnosed with cerebral palsy at 18 months, Hayes Hutto has always dreamed of playing football.

>> Read more trending news 

On Saturday, the 10-year-old accomplished that dream, after scoring a touchdown in a game between the Commerce Tigers and Jefferson Dragons.

The football rivalry between Commerce and Jefferson is well-known in Jackson County, from the high school level to youth teams.

But there are some things that go beyond a rivalry.

His mother, Jodi Hutto, posted highlights on her Facebook page, which have gained thousands of views, and thanked the communities for giving her son the opportunity.

Hayes' dad, Jon Hutto, told Channel 2 Action News the family was attending the game before they knew Hayes would get a chance to play.

Jon Hutto teaches and coaches golf at Jefferson Middle School. Jodi Hutto is a fifth grade teacher at Commerce Middle School. Hayes' cousin, Britton, is a player on the Jefferson 10U football team. So the rivalry runs deep in their family.

"We weren't expecting for anything to happen other than being on the sideline with the team. Coach said he was going to try to put him in," Jon Hutto said to Channel 2 Action News.

When Hayes told his friends he was coming, his best friend, Brody Coleman, and teammates presented him with his very own jersey on Friday.

Leslie Coleman, Brody's mom, sent Channel 2 Action News video of the special moment the best friends shared.

Jon Hutto said Hayes didn't get to play in the game until time ran out, but the Jefferson coach requested one final play. Chants of "Hut-to, Hut-to" erupted as Hayes scored his first touchdown.

"It's cool that both schools are huge rivals but were able to set that aside yesterday. Both stands were hollering and cheering," he said.

Boston's 'Joe the Barber' putting away clippers after nearly 60 years

Customers in Massachusetts are losing much more than just a good haircut.

After nearly 60 years, Boston barber Joe Monahan said he's ready to hang up his shears.

>> Read more trending news 

From the music playing on the radio to the decor to the lifelong friends who stop by, a visit with "Joe the Barber" is like a trip down memory lane.

In 1959, Joe the Barber opened Monahan's, the unassuming barbershop in Hyde Park that brings nostalgia to all who enter.

The soon-to-be 87-year-old jokes that because he turned his trade into a lifelong career, along the way he made lifelong friends.

"It's not the job I love, I can forget that, but, it's the people,” Monahan said. "They're all personal friends, I've known this guy, all these guys since I came here."

In 59 years, not much has changed inside Monahan's, including the customers.

"You come here even when you don't need a haircut," said Kevin O'Malley, a customer. "He's not famous for being a barber, he's famous for being a really good guy."

After all these years, Monahan said because he has worked numerous days and hours, he now wants to spend more time with his wife and nine children and grandchildren. He says, however, saying goodbye is never easy.

"I don't feel old, but I am," Monahan said. "If I had to be any place cutting hair, this is the place I'd want to be. These are my best friends in the world right here."

Monahan's attention to detail and the undivided attention he gives his customers will be missed the most.

John O'Donnell said Monahan opened up shop just for him especially on his wedding day in 1960.

"So we set the time, 8 o'clock in the morning, got my haircut, shaved, all right, the whole works," O'Donnell said.

Monahan is leaving behind a last legacy on that neighborhood and generations of families. His last day is Sept. 14.

"He's gonna leave a hole in the neighborhood a million miles wide," O'Malley said.

Police officer pays for elderly woman’s gas after she falls on hard times

A police officer’s $20 good deed is showing there is still kindness in the country.

Dolores Marotta, 75, was trying to get a gallon of gas last month, scraping together $3 in change to be able to pay for the single gallon of fuel, WXYZ reported.

She said that the $3 was all she had until she got her next Social Security check and she needed just enough gas to get to her doctor’s appointment and return home, CNN reported.

St. Clair Shores, Michigan, police officer, Todd Bing, was behind Marotta in line watching it all unfold. 

Gas station worker Seth Kasyouhanan took a photo of what happened next and explained the rest of the story on Facebook, WXYZ reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Kasyouhanan said that Bing told Marotta to go sit in her car and he’d be out to pump her gas for her. He then gave the clerk $20 to fill Marotta’s tank.

She had told Bing that her husband died in 2015 and was struggling financially, CNN reported.

“I say God must have sent him there for me,” Marotta told WXYZ.

Kasyouhanan said this isn’t the first time Marotta used spare change to pay for small tanks of gas.

“I thought to myself, what if that was my mother and I wasn’t around to support my mom?,” Kasyouhanan told CNN.

Kasyouhanan is also doing his part to help Marotta. He set up a GoFundMe page for donations. He had set a $5,000 goal. In three days since launching the fundraiser, it has earned more than $15,000.

Mom joins son at military recruiting center, both sign up for Navy

There’s one thing about being a military family, but one Missouri family is taking that title to a new level. 

Melissa Ensey recently took her son to various recruiting stations. First Army, then Air Force, but it was the Navy that struck a chord with them.

Navy Career Counselor 1st Class Shawn Dery sold them on the Navy for Curtis Abbott’s military career. 

Ensey joked with Dery, “Too bad I can’t too.” 

Dery told her that she could and he wasn’t joking

Ensey is 37 and entertained the thought about joining. Luckily, the Navy had changed the age requirements earlier this year, allowing those as old as 39 to join their ranks. 

Now Ensey’s dreams of travel, supporting her daughter through college and even getting her own education, could come true.

Abbot said he was surprised at first, but said that his mom’s decision made sense.

“At first, I was just a little perplexed, but it seems like it’ll be a really good thing for her. She can finish getting all the education she’s always wanted. Plus, my sister will be able to go to college.”

Dery said that he has other parents say they wish they could go too, but no one has ever signed up before now. 

>> Read more trending news 

On Aug. 21, both Ensey and Abbott stood together to take the oath of enlistment. 

Ensey is on track to be a Master at Arms for the Navy’s security force. Abbot will train as a Logistics Specialist and work in supply.

Homeless good Samaritan helps cancer survivor get stolen bike back

A three-time cancer survivor's specially modified bike was stolen in Washington state, but after a homeless man heard the story, he made it his mission to get the bike back to its rightful owner.

>> Watch the news report here

Now the victims are grateful for the stranger's efforts.

Shannon Loys said after meeting the homeless man, whom she knows as Keith, she fully believes he was not the person who stole the bike.

She said it shows there are two sides to every picture.

Her husband’s bike was stolen about a week ago from their home in Seattle's Fremont neighborhood. Whoever did it jumped over their fence. 

“I was angry,” Loys said.

What the thief didn't know, Loys put into a flyer.

“Dear steaming pile of garbage bike thief,” it read. “That bike you stole belongs to my sweet husband, a three-time cancer survivor. It was specially modified for his physical needs.” 

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

Her husband's cancer and surgery left him with one leg shorter than the other and he needs special shoes – and bike parts.

“(The modification) helps with the rotation of his knee, which is at a different physical point than his other leg,” Loys said. She said they had little hope of ever getting the bike back. 

But a couple of days ago, she got a call from a customer leaving the Ballard Fred Meyer. Loys said a homeless man had stopped that customer. 

“He just seemed really passionate about stopping her and asking her to call the number of my flyer,” Loys said.

It took Loys several stops at different encampments, but she managed to find him at a small encampment near at Ninth Avenue and Leary Way. 

“And he said, 'Is it your bike?' And I said, 'It's my flyer!'” Loys said.

“He said he found it, that he thinks the thief abandoned it after seeing the flyer,” she said. 

The bike was in pieces but still all there.

“I was also just so overwhelmed with gratitude and confused and had so many questions, but I didn't ask any of them in the moment,” Loys said. “Surreal is the only word I can think of for it.” 

>> Read more trending news 

She said it sheds light, too, on those who are homeless. 

“It’s complicated. It kind of challenges conceptions in the example of Kevin feeling so dedicated to getting the bike back. But it sounds like it was also a homeless person who stole it,” Loys said. “People are complicated, and homeless people are just as complicated."

Data from the Seattle Police Department shows there were 1,080 reported bike thefts in 2017. 

Bicycles are commonly recovered from homeless camps by the city's navigation team. The team reminds owners to make sure the bikes are registered; otherwise, they have no way to return them.

Brother, sister lift SUV to save couple, baby trapped in wreckage

A Florida couple can thank a brother and sister for lifting their crashed SUV and saving them and their baby.

Aaron Allen and his sister, Jolisa Jones, were driving their delivery truck on Interstate 75 north of Tampa when a vehicle sideswiped the SUV on the highway. 

Thomas and Diana Windsor were in their Toyota RAV4 on their way home from a doctor’s appointment when the crash happened, WFTS reported

Their RAV4 landed, overturned in a ditch filled with water, WTVT reported.

The couple and their baby were still strapped in, dangling upside down, WFTS reported.

>> Read more trending news 

But Allen, who has a daughter of his own, knew what to do. 

“I saw that water was seeping into the car, where it was turned upside down,” Allen told WTVT. “We tried to break the windows, but that didn’t work. So the only thing I could think of was to flip the car over. So I told my sister to help me so we could flip it over to its side. So what happened is after we flipped it over to the side, I took my shirt off and wrapped it around my fist and I used my fist to break the windshield off.”

Allen was hurt getting the family out, he told WTVT that the glass from the windshield tore a chunk of skin off and cut tendons in his arm. Jones’ fingers were also hurt.

But luckily neither the parents nor the 11-day-old baby were hurt in the crash, WTVT reported, but the baby was taken to the hospital to be checked out. 

The couple is calling Allen and Jones their angels.

Results 1 - 20 of 99 next >





7 Day Forecast


Amazon Alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!